Thursday, February 18, 2010

Lent

I saw this post over at whyismarko.com ( I edited his list a bit, but liked a lot of them)

I'm not trying to bash lent or those who are participating in sacrificing something that keeps them from a stronger relationship with Christ.. and I think that there's nothing that we can sacrifice that would equal the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross..

I just think that this is a good list that shows how good I am at abstaining from so many things..

THINGS I AM GIVING UP FOR LENT THIS YEAR

ferel cat adoption
miley cyrus music
michael jackson gloves
driving under the speed limit
reading chick lit
putting my tongue in fans
pogoing
watching the movie “little women”
D&D
stamp collecting
running for political office
taunting babies
launching my rap career
nude banjo playing
climbing mt everest
buying gold bullion
thong underwear
my search for the “lost” island
stove pipe hats
parachute pants
jam sessions with U2 in my basement
colonizing
phrenology
constructing a scale model of ancient jerusalem out of mike & ikes
vampire hunting
amateur brain surgery
freeing willy

Hopefully all that are participating in lent are handling their sacrifices well, and able to re-focus on their relationship with Christ.

No comments: