Sunday, March 14, 2010

But as for me, I trust in You

Last night at around 8:20pm I watched a little 1 year old boy pass into the loving arms of our Savior. I stood there, prayed with the family, cried with the family and asked God what my purpose in this should be.

As I drove the 2 1/2 hours back to Winnemucca I had a lot of time to think even among conversing with my friend and fellow elder from our church.

This morning I'm supposed to preach, and I had prepared a sermon on dealing with temptation, and I was 90% ready to give it, but God was telling me, "Josh you need to preach on grief" So at 11:30pm when I walked through the door, completely exhausted, not only because of the long drive, but because I've been at church all weekend for a lock-in for our Mission Team that is going to Zambia this summer (this all equals no sleep). But anyway, I walked through the door with full intentions that I would prepare a sermon on dealing with grief, and mourning.

My sinful self, said, well I can prepare this while I lay in bed, then I hit the bed and my sinful self said, "you're ready for your sermon on Temptation, and you're gonna lose an hour of sleep anyway, just go to sleep" It's so much easier to sin.

God had different plans and he woke me up at 1:30 and said "Grief", and at 2:30 "Mourning" and at 3:30 "Why aren't you listening to me?" and at 4:30 "Get up and do as I say"

So I did.. and he gave me the Scripture

Please pray for me this morning as I will be sharing the story of David and his son Absalom, and be looking how David dealt with mourning through Psalm 55.. This is completely a God thing, and I need to trust Him. So much easier to say that then do it. Thank you.

"But as for me, I trust in You" -Psalm 55:23

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Josh,
I can't imagine how hard this is for you. I am praying for you and I am looking forward to hearing how God will shape you through this experience.

Anonymous said...

This is how God grows us. Praying for you as He grows you to be His servant. Praying for the family. I grieve so when little ones are taken to be with Jesus.
Thanks for your honesty.