Monday, February 23, 2009

Pet Peevs Part 2

The Volume of TV Commercials

I saw this on ysmarko’s blog the other day, but I couldn’t help but agree whole heartedly with this annoyance. I can’t count the number of times I’ve grown accustomed to the volume of a certain television program and am rudely “awakened” by the ridiculous loudness of someone talking about Womanly Hygiene products or something like that. The fact of the matter is that I am rarely enticed to purchase any of the products that are being advertised, and it doesn’t matter how loud the marketers decide the commercial should be, it’s not going to change my mind. I would guess that commercials make some money on from advertising at 1,000 decibals, but the only things I’m going to be purchasing are earplugs.

One thing that I do enjoy about commercials is how during the Price is Right, which airs at 11am, shows only hover round commercials, or a way to lower the cost of Diabetes medicines. Now that’s using demographics.

Automated Phone Services you have to speak to

Have you ever tried calling a customer service phone number? It would be silly to think that you’ll ever get to talk a “real person”. I don’t mind having to hit a thousand numbers to get to nowhere, but I can’t stand having to speak to the service. They tell you to briefly state the problem you’re experiencing, for example “I can’t get find the on button for my computer” and the response you get from the system “did you say; you have a clogged toilet” or something so far from what you actually said that you just hit 0 over and over again until you overload it and it puts you on hold for 30 minutes until you get to talk to someone.

Slow walkers

I wouldn’t consider myself to be a fast walker. I wouldn’t consider myself to be even a moderately paced walker. But I have “crowd anxiety” and there are so many people who walk way to slow for the flow of foot traffic, in any number of public places. All I have to say is speed up or move over.

Putting toilet paper on the roll incorrectly

This is probably something that bothers me more then any other thing in the entire world. Toilet should be put on the roll so that the end hangs over the roll (away from the wall). I’ve pictured the correct way. If the toilet paper is placed on the roll in the opposite way, you run the risk of prematurely ripping the toilet paper and not having enough to finish the job. I know I’d rather have supple paper to complete the job at hand(so as to not complete it with my hand).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want MORE!!!!! More cowbell!!!!

robchang said...

I always do toilet paper that way too but it's for people like you, it doesn't matter to me which way it goes...and hopefully the job is never at hand.