Wednesday, December 09, 2009

A bad Day and a rant

I guess since I've had so many good updates over the past couple of days it was about time to have a bad one.. My bad day however did not have to do with my diet.. I didn't run like I wanted to, but I think that demotivation came from what occurred earlier in the day.

I had planned on having a good day off.. but at 8:30 this morning Corrie woke me up and said that there was water everywhere, I went in to the laundry room and we found that there was water pouring from the ceiling.. I didn't know exactly how to shut it off and spent about 10 minutes figuring it out.. I finally found out that it was the swamp cooler line, it had obviously busted and I had to turn off the valve.. It's my fault that it happened. I'm supposed to winterize the swamp cooler, and had put it off and put it off, and actually last night I had planned on going up on the roof to get it done, but I guess the best laid plans are destined to fail, especially when you don't fully lay out the plans.

So anyway I went over to our friends house to borrow his ladder to get up on the roof, and put it in the explorer. I was in such a rush to get back that I took the back road, which is really just a four wheeler trail and when I hit a big bump the ladder jumped up and hit the rear windshield and completely shattered it.

It was at this point that I started thinking about money that we don't have.. Corrie and I basically live paycheck to paycheck trying to pay off school and CC debt and because of that our savings is practically $0 most of the time. We had saved a little bit so that we could go to NJ this upcoming week, but that still wasn't a lot. Because it's so cold outside we have to replace the rear windshield, and the swamp cooler line is our responsibility as stated in our lease agreement..

So with that said we're probably not going to be able to make it to NJ this next week. This upsets me so much, not because of me, but because of how much Corrie was looking forward to this trip.. But who knows, maybe $350 dollars will just show up in our bank account, nothing is impossible with God.

And that leads to my rant.. Earlier today I posted a status on facebook "I throw my hands up in the air and ask why?!" and although this may seem like it's focused to a singular comment, I know that everyone who read it probably though the same thing... and much offense was taken.. By saying to me "make sure you're asking why not? too, to the one deserves it" makes the assumption that I do not trust God, awesome. Is there somewhere in the Bible that says asking a why to God is a sin? that it's wrong to do? I've had 5 years of formal Biblical Education and I can't see a place where just asking why is a wrong things, or allows people to think that I'm not placing my trust in God. The sin comes when you ask why and then curse God when he doesn't have the answer. or are angry with God because of the situation.

So let me again state that this is focused specifically to the person that made that statement as I know this person was probably just trying to provide encouragement, and will probably read this blog as well.

Corrie and I are trusting God and who's to say that he won't provide, me asking why is me directly seeking God's will in this situation and praying that he will provide an answer.

That's all I have to say, and I apologize if my stance on seeking God's will, and being a sinful Christian human being is offensive to anyone. So that's about it.

Weigh in day is on Friday, lifting and swimming tomorrow. ok bye.

No comments: