Tuesday, December 08, 2009

I am a Loser Update 12.08.09

So it's been a couple of days since I've updated my progress, but here it is.

On Saturday night I decided to make Sunday a complete day of rest at least from exercising. With my job as a Pastor Sunday's are always the busiest day of the week. I hardly get to spend anytime at home with Corrie and the baby. If I were to add to my day by running then it would in time become detrimental. So that's what I did on Sunday.. church and a nap. although i was able to maintain the correct amount of calories for the day.

Monday was my first day swimming.. I guess I forgot how difficult it was to swim a lot, because by the 3rd length of the pool I was absolutely exhausted.. I felt like someone was choking me, so after I struggled through the 4th length i took a good rest. after that i took it a lot slower, I mostly did freestyle(front crawl) but mixed in a couple of laps of breast and back stroke. all in all I was in the pool for about 25 minutes, and 5-7 of those minutes were spent resting.. Emily, a girl from our Old Youth Group is actually on the swim team for her college and she wrote me up a good swimming workout, which I will try on Thursday when I go back to the pool.

After Swimming, I went next store to lift some weights, a member of our church here is the Police Captain in town and is in the Army Reserves (Correct me if I'm wrong Rick), because of this he has a pretty good lifting schedule that isn't too strenuous yet difficult enough to challenge me.. On Monday we did, Chest and Back with some calf workouts, and death crunches (that's not a special type of crunch, but what I affectionately call crunches.. death. So I ended up lifting for 45 minutes, and then headed home.. Did I mention this was all before 7:00am.. That's not a time I usually see, but I've been motivated to get up and do this, and so I am.

This morning I meant to get up to go swimming, but didn't wake up until 5:30, which is the time I need to be at the pool so that I can lift weights with Rick and Madison after swimming at around 6:00am, so I decided to just go lift and run when I got back home. Today we worked Triceps, Biceps and Shoulders.. It was pretty intense.. My muscles felt like Jello afterward, but I know that's just the way it's going to be for awhile.. I definitely wasn't putting too much weight on because I was able to do every rep in each circuit, which is important, or so I'm told... The way I'll do weight training is Monday & Tuesday Lift, Wednesday rest, and Thursday & Friday Lift. I won't be working the same muscle group out two days in a row ever so it will give them a time to reccooperate from the workout.

After Lifting I went home and got bundled up to go running.. If you saw my facebook status this morning you saw that it was -1 out this morning, and I think that was without the windchill, but I was determined to get my run in. The second I started my brisk warm-up walk all the snot that was in my nose froze solid so it made it hard to breathe, but I cleared it out and kept going.. Today was the first time I felt kind of okay about my ability to complete the task at hand.. I didn't want to quit until the 6th set of running, whereas the I had wanted to quit by the 3rd set the first two times I ran.. All in all I finished the 8 sets of Run/Walking and felt real comfortable, but since I don't want to do too much to quickly I walked briskly for about 20 minutes or so, then started a new set for the last 10 minutes of the four miles..

I've tried to diet and exercise a lot of times in my life, but for some reason this time seems a lot easier and like it's accomplishing more. I hope I'm not boring you with these long posts, I'm going to post them anyway. ok bye.

No comments: