Saturday, December 05, 2009

I'm a Loser Update 12.04.09

Well day one is over. I woke up this morning at 8:00am geared up to go running in the 12 degree weather outside. It was so cold.. I'm glad I bought some underarmer knock offs at Wal-Mart or else my clothes would have been frozen, from all the sweat I tend to produce.

A lot of people have asked me what my plan for dieting is so here it is. As far as running goes I got it from Corrie that got it from a friend. It's called Couch to 5k basically it's a program that has me alternate running and walking for a specific amount of time. For example, for the first week, after I do a 5 minute warm up walk, I will run for 60 seconds then run for 90 seconds, and for each subsequent week the amount of time I run will be greater.. It's just a matter of doing it habitually.

I'm supposed to do this for 20 minutes, but I'm also coupling this with Dr. Huizenga's, from the Biggest Losers, Where did all the Fat Go diet and exercise book. In his book he recommends at 4 mile calorie burn whether it be walking, running, jogging or some combination of them, along with the correct, healthy daily calorie intake, for weight loss. Which I am keeping track of with the www.livestrong.com 'daily plate'. On this website I enter my personal information i.e. height weight age, and goal for weight loss and it calculates my daily caloric intake. I am able to enter each food item I eat, I haven't come across anything that hasn't been in their database so it's been really good. I also enter what kind of exercising I'm doing and it tells me a number of different stats, Like the daily value % of the Protein, Carbs, Fat, Sodium, Potassium etc. that I'm eating. My goal is to eat 50%Carbs, 40%Protein, 10%Fat while keeping the Sodium level as low as possible.

I consider today to be a perfect first day of the weight loss challenge. Everything I wanted to accomplish, I did. I was just barely under my caloric goal, which is awesome, and I was able to burn a lot of calories on my walk/run. which happened to be 4.0 miles exactly.. and I didn't even plan it that way.

Well that's it for now, thanks for reading, which is a great source of unspoken encouragement.

ok bye.

No comments: